Featured Post

I'm a Guilty Reader // Tag Tuesday

Sunday, August 27, 2017

My Favorite Debuts

Heylo! Today's post will be all about my favorite debuts that I've read in my life. These books are all absolutely wonderful, so let's get into the list!


~


1. THE HATE U GIVE BY ANGIE THOMAS



I'm sure just about anyone who's read this book would also put it in a list of their favorite debuts. Not only is The Hate U Give one of my favorite debuts, it's also one of my favorite books in general. I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if you haven't picked up this book already, so if that's your case...READ IT! It's absolutely incredible. Believe the hype, y'all.

2. A LIST OF CAGES BY ROBIN ROE


I'm guessing if you've taken a look at my blog for even a couple of minutes you would find out very quickly that I am OBSESSED with this book. Like I said earlier with The Hate U Give, A List of Cages is one of my favorite debuts but it is also for sure one of my favorite books in general! I love this book. A lot. (Side note: also a beautiful cover.)

3. SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA BY BECKY ALBERTALLI


Okay I cannot stop gushing about all these damn books in this post. BUT THEY'RE ALL SO FREAKING GOOD SO SNS ✌. But seriously I loved ALL of this book. I mean, it's gay, need I say more?


4. WONDER BY R.J. PALACIO

Much like A List of Cages, I talk (and gush) about Wonder all. The. Time. On my blog, and I'm sure most of you guys are aware of this. Definitely tied for my favorite middle grade ever with Harry Potter, and that's saying something. Plus, it's the only book I've read that's got a main character with a facial deformity in it! On that topic, I think we really ignore that when speaking about diversity in books. It's definitely very important!

5. GEORGE BY ALEX GINO

[goodreads]

One of my favorite types of books...QUEER MIDDLE GRADE! There's so little of it and there just NEEDS to be more. This one specifically is about a trans fifth grader named Melissa, and she really wants to be Charlotte in the Charlotte's Web play that the fifth graders are doing. But when she tries out for the part, the teacher says she can't play Charlotte because she's a "boy." I'm so unbelievably glad I read George, and y'all for sure should too!!


~


That's all for now! Let me know some of your favorite debuts that you've read in the comments below, and if you've read any of the books that I talked about in this post, make sure to leave your thoughts on them down in the comments as well! I think that pretty soon I'll do a Favorite Sequels post as a follow-up to this. I hope you enjoyed this post, and if so make sure to hit that follow button! Bye!!

No comments: