Featured Post

I'm a Guilty Reader // Tag Tuesday

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Book Beginnings // Jane Steele

Hola! Today's post will be my first Book Beginnings tag-thing (I'm not completely sure if it's considered a "tag" or not). I got this idea from Solly over at The Bookish King, but it was originally created by Rose City Reader. It's a very simple tag, all you do is share the first sentence of a book that you're about to start and your thoughts about it (so obviously this will be a super short post but whatever).


~





"Of all my many murders, committed for love and better reasons, the first was the most important."

- Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye


WHOA. Just that one first line left me QUAKING. Holy crap that sounds so good. I literally just saw this book at my library and got it because I had heard so many good things about it, but now I for SURE want to read it. I think that that first sentence was both mysterious yet telling at the same time. I can tell it's a Jane Eyre retelling (that's the only thing I knew before going into this) that follows a Jane Eyre as a murderer, and I don't know about you but that sounds hella awesome. Also, now I'm totally wondering what the "better reasons" are, and why the hell you would kill someone for love. Just from this one sentence I'm already 100% enthralled and I will for sure be continuing with reading Jane Steele.


~


And that is all for now! Let me know in the comments if you enjoyed this post and what your thoughts are on Jane Steele if you've read it. Thanks for reading and make sure to subscribe! Bye!!

No comments: