Featured Post

I'm a Guilty Reader // Tag Tuesday

Sunday, March 12, 2017

(literally the last person of ever to do this but whatever) The Unpopular Opinions Book Tag!

Hello everyone! Today, I'll be doing the unpopular opinions book tag! This tag went around the book community a year or maybe even more ago, but I really want to do it anyway.

QUESTION #1: A POPULAR BOOK OR SERIES YOU DIDN'T LIKE.



Yep... I hated Throne of Glass. Oh god, it feels weird to actually put that out there, because... EVERYONE FREAKING LOVES THIS SERIES, so I decided to pick it up, and it was just not for me.
I couldn't decide which one of these to put here for an answer, so I put two. The other one, Ender's Game, is by Orson Scott Card, so I was skeptical going into it, and I just feel like a lot of Card's thoughts reflected onto this book.

QUESTION #2: A POPULAR BOOK OR SERIES EVERYONE SEEMS TO HATE, BUT YOU LOVE.


Now, I know a LOT of people love this book - but I've also heard a ton of negative things about this book as well, and I couldn't really think of anything else to go for this question. Honestly I absolutely adored this book so when I heard/read some not-so-great reviews of it I was kind of shocked.

QUESTION #3: A LOVE TRIANGLE WHERE THE MC ENDS UP WITH THE PERSON YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO END UP WITH OR AN OTP YOU DON'T LIKE.


(spoilers for Legend by Marie Lu ahead) 

I really don't think that June and Day should've gotten together. Honestly, I probably would've enjoyed this more if there wasn't a romance element between the two of them.

QUESTION #4: A POPULAR BOOK GENRE YOU RARELY REACH FOR.

For me, that's DEFINITELY going to have to be paranormal. I hardly ever pick up something from the genre, and when I do I almost always don't like it very much. Of course, there are some exceptions - but for the most part, I'm not the biggest fan of paranormal.

QUESTION #5:  A POPULAR BELOVED CHARACTER THAT YOU DON'T LIKE.

Well, for the most part, I usually love all the characters that everyone else loves, and I couldn't think of anything else to do for this, so I'm going to have to repeat - THRONE OF GLASS. I hated literally all of the characters in that book.

QUESTION #6: A POPULAR AUTHOR YOU CAN'T SEEM TO GET INTO.

Oh god... this feels weird actually saying this because it's that much of an unpopular opinion, but... Cassandra Clare. *Puts hands out in defense* I'm sorry. I just couldn't get into it. I probably should've read her books in, like, 2011, because  I would've enjoyed them so much more. But I tried to read her books in 2015 or 2016, and I just found them to be kind of cringey.

QUESTION #7: A POPULAR TROPE YOU'RE TIRED OF SEEING.

I could probably do an entire post on this, but I'll choose JUST ONE: when a main character girl describes her features, and then calls herself "ugly" or "lanky" or something like that. Like, "I look in the mirror, and can't find a single pore. My long, luscious, fiery red hair falls to my waist. My lips are the perfectly plump and the best shade. God, I'm so ugly." UGH I'M SICK OF IT.

QUESTION #8: A POPULAR BOOK OR SERIES YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN READING.

Again, I could probably do an entire post on this, because there are a LOT. I'll name three:

  • Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
  • Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
  • Anything by John Corey Whaley
QUESTION #9: WHAT MOVIE DO YOU PREFER OVER THE BOOK?

And for this, I'm going to have to go with...


*sighs* the first almost HALF of this book was SO BORING AND SLOW. But, in the movie, they were able to cut out a lot of that, so I ended up enjoying it quite a bit more.

And that's it for now! I really hope you don't kill me. IT'S JUST MY OPINION OKAY. Bye!

No comments: