Featured Post

I'm a Guilty Reader // Tag Tuesday

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Discussion | Sex in YA

Hello everyone! I know that quite a few people have already done one of these, but I really just wanted to put my opinion on this out there: sex in YA.

And, for me personally, as a demisexual person, I don't think it's a bad thing to not have sex in a YA book, because I think it's important to acknowledge that sex exists and it's not a bad thing to have it. I just feel REALLY uncomfortable when I read it, especially when it's explicit.

Again, I think that especially in a book for young adults, it's important to bring it up, because newsflash, pretty much every YA book ever: SEX EXISTS.

So, as much as I really love when a YA book brings up sex/shows sex scenes, at the same time, I feel extremely uncomfortable reading it, because like I mentioned earlier, I am demisexual. So I'm really not quite sure where I stand on the "Sex in YA? Yes or no?" thing that seems to be all over the book community.

Well, for now I'm going to say that while I do it's super important to have sex or at least mention it in a YA book, I most likely won't end up reading that, because like I mentioned earlier I feel very uncomfortable when I read sex scenes.

And that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed this discussion, even though it's kind of weird to just have a random discussion for my first blog post, so maybe tomorrow I'll post something more casual. Bye!


No comments: