Featured Post

I'm a Guilty Reader // Tag Tuesday

Friday, March 24, 2017

10 (I Know it's Supposed to be 25 but That's too Hard OK) Bookish Facts About Me!

Hello everyone! Today, as you can tell by the title, I will be doing the 10 BOOKISH FACTS ABOUT ME tag! I see a lot of people, whether they be booktubers or bloggers, do this tag when they first start out, so I decided to do that today. Also, I'll try not to ramble as much as possible, but we'll see how that goes.

1. HARDCOVERS OVER PAPERBACKS, 98% OF THE TIME.

Not only do hardcovers look SO MUCH PRETTIER and can stay in good condition for a longer time, but at least for me, I can read them a lot more easily. The other 2% of the time when I will purposely buy a paperback is when I have to go on a plane, or when I really really really NEED a book but I can't afford it in hardcover.

2. DUST JACKETS OFF OF HARDCOVERS WHILE READING THEM.

Well, first of all, I don't want to ruin them because they're almost always DOWNRIGHT GORGEOUS, and also, they just bother me while I'm reading them. OR the book has a TERRIBLE cover and I don't want people seeing me with it (kind of a bad reason, but still).

3.  I AM AN EXTREMELY SLOW READER.

I don't know what it is, I'm just a slow reader. If I can read 5 books in a month, that'd be AMAZING.

4. I JUDGE BOOKS BY THEIR COVERS ALL THE TIME.


I mean, first off, I don't get why people say "don't judge a book by its cover" because if ya didn't know, THE WHOLE POINT OF A COVER IS TO ATTRACT YOU. OF COURSE YOU JUDGE IT. okay i'm getting too over reactive about this.

5.  I HATE WHEN I HAVE TO PUT A DISCLAIMER.

Gosh, I hate when I do something like the unpopular opinions book tag and have to put a disclaimer so people don't hate me. IT'S JUST MY OPINION. AHHHHHH.

6. I BUY BOOKS I ALREADY OWN.

Sometimes, I see a COLLECTOR'S FREAKING EDITION of one of my favorite books and I just NEED to have it, for example. Like Tor just announced that in October there will be a collector's edition of A Darker Shade of Magic coming out with an exclusive short story and fan art AND IT HAS A BEAUTIFUL BLACK COVER. I WOULD SHOW IT HERE BUT IT WAS LITERALLY ANNOUNCED TODAY (March 24th).

7. I BUY BOOKS WAYYYY FASTER THAN I READ THEM.

Gah, I WISH I DIDN'T DO THIS. Seriously, I buy so many books, and I don't read them nearly as fast. AND SOMETIMES I GET BOOKS FROM THE LIBRARY EVEN WHEN I HAVE LIKE 100 BOOKS THAT I OWN THAT I ALSO HAVEN'T READ YET.

8. I AM THE WORST AT READING SUPER HYPED BOOKS.

*cries* WHY DO I DO THIS. Here are but a few super hyped books that I have yet to read:
  • The last three books of the Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
  • An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
  • The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
  • The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (but I just got it from the library so yay)
  • Everything by  V.E./Victoria Schwab other than the Shades of Magic series
  • AND SO MUCH MORE.
9. I BREAK INTO A SWEAT WHEN I'M ASKED MY FAVORITE BOOK.

I'm sure y'all can relate to this. JUST ONE??? WHAT???

10. I AM TERRIBLE AT THINKING OF THINGS FOR THIS LIST.

Well, there's not much to say for this one - I'm so bad at it I had to use this for my last fact, and originally it's supposed to be 25, not 10. I'm just that bad at it.



And that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed this post. Bye!


No comments: