Featured Post

I'm a Guilty Reader // Tag Tuesday

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Favorite Books of the Year So Far!

Hello everyone! Just so you know, later in the year, I plan on doing a "Favorite Books of the Year" list, but also, every 3 months I will be doing a list of my favorites in those 3 months. At the end of the year, where I share my favorite books of the entire year, some of these might repeat because THEY'RE JUST SO GOOD. Anyways, here's some awesome books I've read this year (in no particular order):

1. A LIST OF CAGES BY ROBIN ROE


Holy crap, I loved this book so much. The thing about it is that it got a TON of hype in the book community when it first came out, but now no one really ever talks about it. AND PEOPLE SHOULD, because this book is freaking amazing (by the way, I won't really be telling what these books are about). I really adored that it focused on friendship, not romance. And I also adored everything else about this (y'all can tell this will be on my favorites of the year list, can't you).

2. A MONSTER CALLS BY PATRICK NESS


Oh don't mind me over there, that little punctured ball of feels in the corner.

3. THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR BY NICOLA YOON


Yes, I get it - this is FULL of insta-love. BUT I DON'T CARE BECAUSE I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK, OK. And I loved it way, way more than Everything, Everything. I enjoyed everything about this: from the plot, to the characters, to the writing style, and everything in between.

4. THE SHADES OF MAGIC SERIES BY V.E. SCHWAB


Last month, I reread ADSOM, and just recently I finished AGOS and loved it even more. Now, I still haven't read ACOL yet... *hangs head in shame* but from what I've heard I'm going to have to PREPARE MYSELF.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli - I would count this as an actual favorite, but I reread it this year; I originally read it in 2016. I'm guessing all of you have read or at least heard of this book so I won't explain what it's about, and if you don't know what it's about, here's the Goodreads page.

El Deafo by Cece Bell - I just finished this two nights ago and read it in one sitting. It was so great! It's a graphic memoir on Cece Bell's life, growing up deaf.

George by Alex Gino - Gosh my love for this book. Later I might edit this post and change it to a favorite and not just an honorable mention. I feel like this is a book where it's better when you go in blind, so an extremely vague synopsis would be: it's about a trans girl named George and IT'S A MIDDLE GRADE. *squeals*


Well, that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed this. Bye!






No comments: