Featured Post

I'm a Guilty Reader // Tag Tuesday

Monday, July 31, 2017

July Wrap Up + August TBR | 2017

Hiya everyone! Today's post will be listing all the books I read in July (sadly still coping with an extreme case of Reading Slump™, I only read four books 😢), and the books that I'm planning on reading in August. But anyway, let's get into the post!


~


THE JULY WRAP UP

1. CINDER BY MARISSA MEYER


RATING: 2.75/5 stars

Well, I finally read it, y'all.

It was a pretty good retelling, but overall I was pretty disappointed, as it has so much hype.

Goodreads "review" (IM TRYING TO WRITE ACTUAL REVIEWS SOMETIME EVENTUALLY I SWEAR) here.

2. PAINTBRUSH BY HANNAH BUCCHIN


RATING: 4/5 stars

[eARC from Netgalley]

Gorgeous writing (and cover DAMN), amazing characters, and super happy and light-hearted.

Interview with author here!

Goodreads "review" (I know, I know, shame) here.

3. I HATE EVERYONE BUT YOU BY GABY DUNN AND ALLISON RASKIN

[goodreads]

RATING: 4.5/5 stars

Funny, diverse (sexuality and mental health), and beautiful friendship.

Goodreads review here.

4. ONE OF US IS LYING BY KAREN M. McMANUS


RATING: 3-ish/5 stars

Started out thrilling and suspenseful but went downhill, though I do really like the characters a lot.

Full Goodreads review, where I go much more in depth, to come.

THE AUGUST TBR

August is a very busy month for me, so I'm going to be putting very few books on my TBR that seem to be quick, easy reads.

1. LITTLE & LION BY BRANDY COLBERT

[goodreads]

I already talk about this book in my Anticipated Releases of August and September post, so I won't be going into the synopsis of Little & Lion, but I am super excited to start it.

2. 10 THINGS I CAN SEE FROM HERE BY CARRIE MAC


This book was released in February and I've had it since then, eagerly awaiting to pick it up. But for some weird reason, I haven't. What the hell is wrong with me? I mean, it's about a queer girl with anxiety, what more could I need in a book?


~


And that's all for now! If you've read any of these books feel free to let me know what you thought of them in the comments below, or if Little & Lion or 10 Things I Can See from Here are on your TBR for August as well. I hope you enjoyed this post, and if so make sure to hit that follow button! Bye!!

No comments: