Featured Post

I'm a Guilty Reader // Tag Tuesday

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Series That I've Been Wanting to Start (cue the shame)

Hey guys! I got this idea when I saw Solomon (The Bookish King)'s post on it, which is, obviously, as you can tell by the title, listing some series that I've been meaning to start. Whether they've been out for several years or they're new releases, let's get into the list!


1. THE GRISHA TRILOGY BY LEIGH BARDUGO [goodreads]



I'm guessing most of you are aware that I am downright obsessed with the Six of Crows duology, which is also by Leigh Bardugo. AND I STILL HAVEN'T READ HER OTHER SERIES. I am feeling overwhelmed with shame already and this is only the first on the list.

2. THE LUNAR CHRONICLES BY MARISSA MEYER [goodreads]


I know. I know. This series ended almost two years ago (if you don't include the companion novellas) and the hype surrounding it is undying. Luckily for me, though, the first book Cinder was chosen for the July book-of-the-month for an online book club I'm a part of, Forgotten YA Gems.

3. VENGEANCE ROAD BY ERIN BOWMAN [goodreads]


This is a YA western. I repeat. THIS. IS. A. YA. WESTERN. Okay, that may be literally all I know about the plot... but still. Also, the cover is the beautiful-est thing I have ever seen in my life. And hype. Oh, the hype. I'm going to try to read this book before the sequel, Retribution Rails, comes out later this year.

4. THE MONSTERS OF VERITY BY VICTORIA SCHWAB [goodreads]


When this came out slightly over a year ago, I said to myself, "Well that's something I'll be reading immediately." And look at me now. It still hasn't been read. And the second and final book has been released. What is life I swear I'll read it ok???

5. THE ARCHIVED BY VICTORIA SCHWAB [goodreads]


This. Series. Has. Been. Out. For. So. Long. Not only is the hype around this book/series practically infinite, it's also by Victoria/V.E. Schwab, who is one of my favorite authors. Also, later this year there was supposed to be a third book coming out, The Returned, but it turns out it'll only be released if enough people read this series. So that gives me yet another to finally pick this series up.

6. THE REMNANT CHRONICLES BY MARY E. PEARSON [goodreads]


This series has been out for three years and I've had the intention of reading it for three years. *curls up in a smol ball of shame* I need to just pick this up already. THERE ARE NO MORE EXCUSES. If I don't read at least the first book by the end of the year, I'm giving all of you the right to shame me all you want.


~


And that's all for now! I imagined there being way more on this list than there ended up being. Tell me your thoughts on these books in the comments if you've read them, or any series that have been on your TBR for the longest time now. If you enjoyed this post make sure to hit that follow button! Bye guys!

No comments: