Featured Post

I'm a Guilty Reader // Tag Tuesday

Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Slightly Late Midyear Book Freakout Tag | 2017

Hey everyone! Tons of people have been doing this tag because, ya know, it's called the midyear book freakout tag and it's the middle of the year. I should've done this a couple weeks ago, but whatever. Anyways, let's get onto the tag!



~

1. BEST BOOK YOU'VE READ SO FAR THIS YEAR


[goodreads]

[goodreads]

Now, yes. I know this is cheating, but I JUST COULDN'T CHOOSE ALL RIGHT? These two books are just utterly fantastic. They've also been extremely popular this year, especially The Hate U Give. I just... I CAN'T. THEY'RE SO DANG GOOD AND I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF WHEN I TALK ABOUT THEM SO I'M GOING TO MOVE ON TO THE NEXT QUESTION BEFORE I GO TOO CRAZY. *hyperventilates, trying to calm down*

2. BEST SEQUEL YOU'VE READ SO FAR THIS YEAR

Well, uh. I actually haven't read any sequels this year. Recently I've started liking standalones a heck of a lot more. (Which is kind of hypocritical considering my previous post lol)

3. NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN'T READ YET, BUT WANT TO

[goodreads]

Honestly, the list for this could go on and on, but I'm pretty sure that Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy is the highest up on my TBR out of all the new releases that I want to read. I've heard nothing but great things about this book and just Julie Murphy's works in general. Also, there's plenty of diversity in here too! The main character alone struggles with body image and is also bisexual (bonus points: #ownvoices!!)

4. MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR

[goodreads]


This was a pretty hard decision considering all the other books coming out later this year, but I finally decided on They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera, releasing September fifth. Not only are Adam and his books amazing, this has such an interesting plot as well! It's set in a place almost the same as ours, except that the day before you die you get a phone call telling you that you're going to die the next day. There's also an app that lets people find others who are also expecting their death day so that they can meet and hang out. This follows two boys who find each other on the app, and obviously from Adam's two other books and the title, it's going to be really, really sad.
5. BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT



This question was for sure the easiest one to answer. Way back in January I finally started Throne of Glass, and it was one of the sh*ttiest things I'd ever read. And it still lives up to that name. I absolutely despise Throne of Glass, and I have no shame.

6. BIGGEST SURPRISE


I know I mentioned this already in the first question, but this is the book that fit for the biggest surprise. I went into it not thinking I was going to like it, and obviously as you can tell by my first answer IT WAS ANYTHING BUT.

7. NEW FAVORITE AUTHOR

Again, this was a pretty difficult decision. But I finally decided on Becky Albertalli! I originally read her first book, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, last year, but this year I reread it plus read her second novel, The Upside of Unrequited, and fell in love with both. I was already in love with Simon, but the love got even bigger when I reread it. I didn't Upside quite as much as Simon, but it was still REALLY good.

8. NEWEST FICTIONAL CRUSH

Once again, I don't have an answer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. NEWEST FAVORITE CHARACTER


Jeez, these questions are all so difficult to answer! I went for Molly Peskin-Suso from The Upside of Unrequited because I JUST ADORE HER AND HER FAMILY AND HER FRIENDS AND AAH.


10. A BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY


Literally the easiest question I've ever had to answer in my entire life. Without a doubt. This is for SURE the saddest book I've ever read (second being Deathly Hallows... but let's not get into that *sobs*). But at the same time one of the best books I've ever read. I know a lot of people don't like sad books but I actually admire it when an author can make someone cry just from writing.

11. A BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAPPY


Though in the beginning there is a little bit of transphobia, after that it gets so much happier and cuter and I LOVED this book. This is one of the very few queer middle grades out there and THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE! And we also just need more work from Alex Gino. Just from their one book I'm obsessed with them.

12. FAVORITE BOOK-TO-MOVIE ADAPTATION THIS YEAR

Out of the very little adaptations I've seen this year, I... haven't liked any of them. :/

13. YOUR FAVORITE REVIEW YOU'VE WRITTEN SO FAR THIS YEAR

Sorry for once again not having an answer, but I very rarely write reviews (though, I've been trying to fix that lately). And when I do write them they usually come out pretty sh*tty. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU'VE BOUGHT SO FAR THIS YEAR


I was just walking about Barnes & Noble the other day and then THIS beauty of a book (well, technically graphic novel) caught my eye. I had never heard of Rickety Stitch before, but it sounded hilarious and I really like the art style as well! (Well duh it's the answer for "most beautiful book" of course I'm gonna like the art style lol)

15. WHAT BOOKS DO YOU NEED TO READ BY THE END OF THE YEAR?

AAH! There are so many! I'll give you a list of five:

1. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson [goodreads]

2. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys [goodreads]

3. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab [goodreads]

4. Because You Love to Hate Me by a f*ck ton of authors and BookTubers [goodreads]

5. Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee [goodreads]


~


And that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed this tag. Because just about everyone has done it already I won't tag any specific people but if you're reading this and you want to do this tag then I TAG YOU! If you enjoyed this post, then make sure to hit that follow button! Bye guys!!

No comments: