Featured Post

I'm a Guilty Reader // Tag Tuesday

Monday, April 3, 2017

5 Least Favorite Books OF ALL TIME

Hello everyone! Before I get into this post, I would like to put a disclaimer: JUST BECAUSE MY OPINION MAY DIFFER FROM YOURS DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD HATE ME, BECAUSE IT'S AN OPINION. IF I DON'T LIKE YOUR FAVORITE BOOK, IT DOESN'T MEAN I HATE YOU.

Whew, well now that that's out of the way, here are my LEAST FAVORITE BOOKS I have EVER read, going in order of how unpopular to how popular the book is.

1. SEEDFOLKS BY PAUL FLEISCHMAN



Okay, this one's super random, but I remember that I had to read this for school in sixth grade and absolutely hated it.

2. ENDER'S GAME BY ORSON SCOTT CARD


Okay, so not only does the plot and characters suck, but I felt like a lot of Orson Scott Card's ideas (you know... all that shit) were in this book as well.

3. THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH BY NORTON JUSTER


I remember I picked this up when I was about ten years old or so, and I HATED it. I don't really remember WHY other than it was super repetitive.

4. ME BEFORE YOU BY JOJO MOYES


Okay, so not only is the writing pretty bland and the characters are pretty terrible, but there is a LOT of ableism, which you've probably heard about.

5. THRONE OF GLASS BY SARAH J. MASS


I know I've mentioned this on my blog in the past, but seriously. I hate this so much. AAH. Please don't hate me. We all have opinions okay??? I, personally, was not a fan at ALL of the characters or the tropes (mainly love triangle UGH) and I thought the setting and writing to be not be too great either.

Well, that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed this post and don't want to come after me because I hate your favorite book. If you guys wanted me to, I could do a second part to this to be completely honest, but maybe soon I'll do a favorite books and/or series list because that's a lot nicer. Anyways, bye!






2 comments:

CG @ Paper Fury said...

I agree iwth you on Throne Of Glass don't worry.😂 And I wanted to read Me Before You but honestly the amount of ableism tropes I've heard are in it (plus I know how it ends and I'm kind of appalled at the message) makes me think I'm just going to skip it and save myself the pain.🙈🙊

Unknown said...

Oh phew not the only one haha! Also, good idea on skipping Me Before You. Your TBR is big enough anyways XD