Featured Post

I'm a Guilty Reader // Tag Tuesday

Thursday, April 13, 2017

4 Questions that I Have for Fantasy Books!

Hello everyone! The other day I thought of this idea for a post that I'm almost positive no one has done before: questions I have for fantasy books! Because as much as I love them, there's some weird shit that happens in them. I'll try not to ramble as much as possible, but we'll see how that turns out.

WHY ARE ALMOST ALL YOUR BOOKS BIG ENOUGH TO INJURE SOMEONE?

Seriously! This may be a bit of an unpopular opinion but I actually like it when a book has those thin bible pages. It's probably because a few years ago, I accidentally dropped my hardcover copy of Order of the Pheonix (we all know how long that book is) on my keyboard and my W key fell off (I know, I know. A scary situation.), but still.

WHY MUST YOU HAVE SUCH LONG CHAPTERS?

Guys, you don't even know how much I despise long chapters. It's just terrible when you have to stop in the middle of a chapter, and then when you come back find the paragraph you stopped at. I know that that's not really a big deal, BUT IT IS FOR ME ALL RIGHT.

WHAT'S WITH YOUR REPETITIVE LACK OF DIVERSITY?

It's great we're getting more diversity in books, obviously, but about 90% of the time, it's in contemporary! Don't get me wrong, I love contemporary, but in fantasy, there's not much diversity included too often. *cough* SARAH J. MAAS *cough*

WHY ARE YOUR CHARACTER NAMES SO WEIRD?

Like yes, I get it, it's fantasy. You want your characters to be ~different.~ BUT WHY DON'T YOU DO THAT IN A DIFFERENT WAY (like personality-wise)??? I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO MAKE MY INNOCENT TONGUE TIE IN A TERRIBLE KNOT EVERY TIME A CHARACTER (or characters) IS BROUGHT UP.


And that's it for now, guys! I hope you enjoyed this, and if you did I could for sure do a part two eventually! Thanks for reading; bye!

No comments: